Thursday, December 23, 2010

Faith

Faith. Sweet word to say, everyone thinks they have, but most folks don't. I use to wonder if I had faith myself. I don't any more. Faith has got me through the last year and a half. To trust that God will take care of us no matter what is really hard. We have to have faith in Him and in Him alone.
In July, Eric lost all his benefits. That includes money and health insurance. We finally got the insurance back, but still fighting for the monies he is due. I went in June and got another job to help us get through the summer. My job at LCS is only for the school year. That has always been a blessing to us because of our kids. Especially with Matt having autism, being home helped. I worked the other job until I hurt my back there. Then had no choice but to quit. So the only income we have had coming in was from LCS. Not much, but every little bit helps.
I broke down and went and applied for food stamps. That was hard. It really puts you in your place. Embarrassing? Yep! Humiliating? Yep! But, I would do anything to help my family. It took 3 visits to finally get approved. Thank you God, we can eat! I was very happy! Now what is crazy to me is how much money they give you. More then I ever spend. But I am very thankful and I am stocking up. This won't last forever. I don't understand why others that really need don't go and apply. It is there for them.
So now we have food, some money and wait,how are we going to pay all our bills? I don't know. Anyone that knows me well, knows I pray a lot, about everything and for everybody. I often joke that God says...what up now Kimberlee! :) Well Lord, I need help.....my family needs help...lead me.
We got help from our church and folks we have never even met started helping us! God is amazing and we are so grateful! We live month to month not knowing, but trusting, having faith that God will take care of us.
I have to share this story, I love it! Here goes:
I was at work when one of my co-workers came and asked me how I was going to pay this months mortgage. I said, I don't know. She said, "what are you going to do, wait for a check to show up in the mail"? I said well, if that's what God means to happen, then yes. Sooooo.... I go home that day and check the mail and call my co-worker....hello ye of little faith...I giggle....she says.."shut up! really? A check? shut up!" Yes, enough to pay our mortgage. :) I have never met these folks and God did this. God is the one who lays it on our heart to help others. Apparently this person had told family and friends to send whatever money they were going to spend on him for Christmas and send it to him for our family. I hope I have that part of the story right. :)
I had a pastor ask me if I was embarrassed to share these stories. No I am not. If I don't share, yall won't know how God is helping us. How faithful He is. He is holding our family close and caring for us just as he does each of you reading this. I have no reason to be embarrassed. We did nothing wrong to be in this situation. It is just life. We all go through situations. Most of us don't know someone is hurting because folks don't talk about it. We cannot help each other if we don't know.
We are so thankful to all of you who are blessing our family each month. Eric and I have always tried to help others, something that we love doing. Makes us feel good. We have never been on the receiving end like this before. Our family is loved and we thank yall so much!
Our children will have a wonderful Christmas. Thanks to those who have bought them gifts. Warms my heart knowing that. :)
Merry Christmas and may God bless each of you this New Year! :)

1 comment:

  1. Kimberlee, I LOVE you and your family so much! It amazes me to see how God is using your family to bring Him glory. Keep strong & remember... we're all here for you! Hugs.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete